Friday, January 2, 2009

Route 66!

I hate packing. It's definitely in my Top Ten Least Favorite Activities list. Though I have to say I did remarkably well this time and I am essentially entirely packed for the ROUTE 66 ADVENTURE 2009!! I am adventuring with my brother and sister and am really excited. Tomorrow morning Mike, Julie, and I will be heading out around 8am. Now in Rudzinski time this means 10am ... which is why I have told them we're leaving at 7am.
We have about three and half days to make it to LA: we'll be aiming to make it close to Oklahoma the first night, New Mexico the second night, and we're staying with one of my dad's friends in Phoenix on the third night -- then LLLLAAAAAA. We are on the lookout for adventure (can anyone say World's Largest Ketchup Bottle?! Sounds like adventure to me), BBQ, and embarrassing photo opportunities. We don't really know what's going to happen. It's gonna be great. I think we've done just the right amount of not really planning to make sure it's full of surprises. Which is the best kind of adventure!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! I plan on waking up at 8:30 and then running to the car, half dressed and ready, as you scream at me for taking to long.
    A Polish adventure this trip will be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you take the bend through downtown flagstaff, imagine me, the first week of december, shuffle away from the amtrak station, toward the greyhound, holding my suitcase in my arms like a large dog

    ReplyDelete