Monday, January 3, 2011

Safe in Auckland

Greetings from NZ!

I'm safe in my hostel with Tim and Dan just outside the Auckland airport. I've already eaten some fresh strawberry ice cream and am just hanging out and resting and drinking tea. It is beautiful and warm and sunny here. Mike gets in late tonight from his layover in Fiji today and it'll be great to have all four of us together. I can't wait for our adventure to begin. I already feel lighter since arriving - as if my body is aware that my sadness and weight of unnecessary things occupying my mind had to stay in America. It's also easy to be excited around Tim and Dan's positive vibes.

I seem to be on the mend from being sick though I still have a cough and get nausiated from time to time. I'm surprised I did so well on my flights but I had good luck: I got bumped up to an Emergency Exit Row and then slept for 9 of the 15 hours. Definitely helped reset my clock. I also watched "Eat, Pray, Love" (which I wasn't going to do as I want to read the book) but I think it was the perfect way to transition from what I was leaving to where I was going.

That's it for now! Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment