Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year New Zealand

Happy 2011!

Today Mike and I set off on the first part of our journey to New Zealand: we'll be arriving in Los Angeles tonight and meeting up with our cousin Chris and his family. Tomorrow night we'll depart on separate flights to Auckland, NZ. I'll be brining the flu, the cough that has decided to bruised my ribs, and abandoning everything that has been weighing me down lately.

I have a list of places to go, things to see, and a mental picture of New Zealand in my head, but we have no plans. We're flying by the seat of our pants and hopefully in the seat of a station wagon if we can secure one in Auckland. Our first stop outside of Auckland will be Hobbiton (yes. Hobbiton). Mike and I will be reuniting with our great friend Tim and his brother Daniel. Our only goals are to kill some orcs and run on some mountain tops.

Because of the time change, we fly out on the 2nd and don't arrive until the 4th. Here's hoping nothing goes wrong in customs and no one notices my whooping cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment